JEWELRY CARE – P D PAOLA
- Sterling silver jewelry is a timeless investment. Caring for your P D PAOLA jewelry will help ensure its beauty, lustre and longevity. Here are some helpful tips from us on how to care for and maintain your P D PAOLA jewelry (and it’s easy!):
- Sterling silver can tarnish over time when exposed to the open air. Tarnishing is a natural process that can be cleaned. All P D PAOLA sterling silver jewelry is treated with an anti-tarnish coating to help protect against tarnishing, but it is still important you follow our care instructions.
- We recommend that customers remove jewelry before going to bed or participating in physical activity. Exposure to certain harsh chemicals or environments will result in compromising the integrity of your jewelry. This includes, but is not limited to the following: perspiration, perfumes, cleaning agents, chlorine, salt water, and silver polish.
Cleaning your jewelry
- Pour a small amount of mild soap into lukewarm water and use a small, soft toothbrush to clean your jewelry. Toothbrushes are ideal for cleaning jewelry with intricate details, which can otherwise be difficult to clean. If the dirt is hard to remove, soak the jewelry in clean water. IMPORTANT: gold plated jewelry requires more care. Using your toothbrush very intensely may cause the gold plating to fade away, therefore it is very important that you do this process very carefully to avoid the gold plating from wearing away.
- A silver-polishing cloth is a great tool to make your sterling silver jewelry shine again if the pieces have become dull. However, it will not remove scratches.
How to store your jewelry
- Jewelry should be stored away from natural sunlight and heat, in a protective (lined) jewelry box or a tarnish-resistant pouch. It can also be stored in a plastic zip lock bag made of polyethylene. Never use polyvinyl plastic bags, such as trash can liners as they contain sulphur compounds, or rubber containers which will make sterling silver tarnish faster and possibly turn black. Do not store your jewelry in the bathroom or any humid spots.
- Please note that our P D PAOLA boxes are not made for long-term storage as they are not airtight and tarnishing will occur over time.
WARNING: P D PAOLA does not guarantee that its gold plated jewelry will last forever. Gold plated pieces are, by default, more fragile and liable to lose their colour overtime. The speed at which the gold plating fades will depend on multiple variables from chemical products used for skincare, level of perspiration or even your natural skin PH. For this reason, it is particularly important to take special care of your gold plated jewelry.